Brayton Cemetery plaque dedicated

Jul 18, 2011 by

A special plaque was recently dedicated at the Brayton Cemetery near Marulan to 76 persons buried in the cemetery.

Local stone was sourced for the memorial and placed alongside the area of the Brayton Church which was destroyed in the 1965 bushfires, along with many of the grave markings. Brayton resident Marie Pender pioneered the project a

nd undertook much of the historical research into those buried at the cemetery.  The project was  funded by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust through a grant of $1940 and managed in conjunction with the Lions Club of Marulan. The plaque will be of interest to locals, historians and families of those buried.

Pictured, above, attending the official dedication of the Brayton Cemetery plaque were, from left, Trustee and Mayor Geoff Kettle, Robyn Pollard who is a descendant of Rebecca McFadden whose sister was the first to be buried in the cemetery in 1879, Marie Pender cordinator of the dedication and Rec. Can. Bill Pryce. Photo courtesy of Alison Sieler.

zp8497586rq

Related Posts

Tags

Share This