Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships
Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship Funding
Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships are open to any creative arts discipline including (but not limited to) visual arts and crafts, music, theatre, film and related media, and creative writing. Two scholarships valued at $3,000 will be awarded.
The 2017 Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship Program is now closed.
Applications closed at 3pm on Thursday, 2nd March 2017.
- One arts practice scholarship will be available for a creative artist to further his or her art practice, such as by making and/or completing a body of work for exhibition, publication or for performance.
- One arts study scholarship will be available for a creative artist to undertake a program of arts study in any format, for example, at a tertiary institution or other educational program, through a mentorship program or study tour.
Successful applicants for 2016 are listed below:
The 2016 Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships have been awarded to six local artists.
The $3,000 Arts Practice Scholarship was awarded to Bowral artist, Kim Shannon.
The $3,000 Arts Study Scholarship was awarded to Southern Highlands textiles student, Jasper Fearnley.
The 2016 Arts Study Scholarship for Recognition of $1,000 was awarded to Goulburn actor, musician and emerging director, Mark Churchill.
Three $1,000 Arts Practice Scholarships for Recognition were awarded to; Bill Dorman of Goulburn to attend the EMMA Artist Collaboration in Canada, Rosa Daniela Diaz of Picton for her painting and drawing exhibition and Sue Wallace of New Berrima for her puppet theatre creations and performances.
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust congratulates the above six artists on their success in obtaining Creative Arts scholarships and wishes them all the best for their endeavours in 2016.
The Trust previously supported the Jennifer Lamb Veolia Creative Arts Scholarship in which eight scholarships were awarded over four years from 2008. Previous recipients of this program include;
- Jane Carter – author
- Penny Hulbert – practising artist
- Travis Williams – printmaker
- Lynne Flemons – painter
- Sarah Long – design student
- Robyn Lance – poet
- Joshua Phillips – physical theatre
- Tracy Luff – sculptor